Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A "RAIN"-y night in Georgia...

I have a confession to make... I've never been a huge fan of the Beatles. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the Beatles music, in fact I enjoy it. I'm just not one who knows the words, knows any trivia or keeps (or kept) up with their "doings".

However, last night I went to see "RAIN - A Tribute to the Beatles" at the Fabulous Fox Theatre and found myself standing up with the rest of the crowd cheering, clapping and singing along. I enjoyed every single minute of their tribute to the group that changed music as we know it forever.

Every Beatles song RAIN sang evoked a memory and I realized just how much the Beatles tunes have been a part of my life, even without being a die-hard fan. The "concert" was a fun-packed trip down memory lane.

It was a fabulous concert! I heard the true Beatles fans raving about it and saw at least three generations of concert-goers "come together" in laughter, joy and musical appreciation. Everyone was on their feet, singing along at times, clapping, and yes, sometimes dancing.

I got a kick out of watching the old commercials and other snippets of history that played on the screens beside and behind RAIN. It's hard to believe how much has changed since the Beatles first stepped into the limelight.

This is one Fox show that should be on everyone's must-see list. Unfortunately, you only have a few days to slide it into your schedule.

Parents, it's one that you can bring your children to see, too. Share a part of your past and use it as a way to open a dialogue about your past and the world's history if you want to take it that far... If not, just enjoy the music.

It's fun --- RAIN - A Tribute to the Beatles does a great job of capturing the look, feel and talent of the original fab-four. For all those who weren't lucky enough to see the original Beatles in concert, this is the closest you'll ever come to getting a sense of what it was like when they moved onto the world stage back in the 60's.

RAIN will play the Fabulous Fox Theatre in Atlanta from October 6-11, 2009. Performances are Tuesday-Friday at 8 pm, Saturday at 2 pm and 8 pm and Sunday at 1:30 pm and 7 pm. Tickets are on sale NOW at all Ticketmaster outlets, at 800-982-2787 and online at www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices range from $20 and up. Special group rates are available through the Fox Group Sales Dept. at 404-881-2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Utrecht Art.com20percentoff